Sunday 11 February 2018

Allotment Plans

So it's now almost half way through February 2018 and I thought I'd just jot down a few thoughts about the allotment this year. I'd like to concentrate on green manures this year to help revitalise the soil and allow for the limited amount of compost I have got on the plot at the moment. This will mean I won't be growing as many crops as normal but will hopefully result in a more productive plot in the future.

Celeriac
Tomatoes
Chillis
Cucumber
Herbs - Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Mint, Parsley
Celery
French Beans
Broad Beans
Purple Broccoli
Courgette - Roy and Anna have planted seeds and will share.
Cabbage
Spinach
Garlic
Jerusalem Artichoke
Globe Artichoke

Redcurrant, Rasperry, Blackcurrant, Bramble

Pears, Apples, Damson, Greengage, Plum.

I've pruned the hedge and fruit trees. Ordered some horse manure and chicken pellet manure.





No comments:

Post a Comment